Senior Tax Accountant
Published: December 19, 2022
As a senior accountant you are responsible for providing financial guidance to clients, preparing financial statements and tax returns, and managing team members. You also may be responsible for supervising the work of junior accountants, reviewing and analyzing financial data, and identifying and resolving discrepancies. In addition to strong technical skills, a senior accountant should have excellent communication and leadership abilities, as they will be interacting with clients and team members on a regular basis.
- Prepares individual federal and multi state tax returns of significant complexity.
- Prepares ‘C’ and ‘S’ federal and multi state tax returns of significant complexity.
- Prepares partnership federal and multi state tax returns.
- Prepares non-profit federal and state tax returns.
- Prepares 5500s and related year-end servicing.
- Prepares sales and use/payroll tax returns with supporting schedules.
- Reviews simple tax returns.
- Interacts effectively with appropriate client personnel on an independent basis.
- Identifies tax issues at beginning of engagement.
- Effectively reports progress of work to colleagues and engagement managers and partners.
- Monitors engagement budget and reports variances to engagement managers and partners.
- Builds relationships across lines of business to ensure optimum client service through an integrated approach.
- Proactively communicates status of assignments on frequent basis.
- Prepares and reviews tax projections for entities and individuals.
- Performs tax research, remaining current on tax law changes.
- Responds to inquiries from federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Assists with federal and state tax audits.
- Assists with in house CPE training and initiatives.